Spend much of this week sick and because of the sickness I spent a lot of time on the couch. So, to clear my head of the negatives of the week I am going to ramble on for a bit…
1) this week Slammedfan released the first episode of their show online. I am heavily featured. Very odd to watch and listen to myself. I still have trouble accepting that if everything works out I could be the star of a reality show. It’s a weird world isn’t it?
2) The fundamental difference between Marvel and DC is that even if you haven’t ready comics for 20 years but did once upon a time you KNOW who founded the X-Men and the Avengers because Marvel has never gone back and changed that. With DC the founding members of the Justice League of America seems to change at the drop of a hat. Stories should always go forward, not backwards. The whole point of comics is that the stories keep going forward. The adventures never end. But this only really works if you don’t keep starting over.
3) for a brief period of time new “Hero Porn” was coming out all the time (hero porn: pornography staring people as super heroes. That is no longer the case as nothing new has come out in awhile and nothing new seems to be coming. Sad.
4) No matter how old I get, I still find myself getting excited about Wrestlemania
5). A year ago if you asked me who my favorite female comic character was I would easily and without hesitation tell you Barbara Gordon. Now, thanks to the relaunch, that is no longer the case…now she is just like so many other characters staring in their own books. Good job DC. Way to screw things up.
6) why am I numbering these things?
7) As excited as I am about wrestlemania NOTHING rivals how excited I am about the SPW 12 Year Anniversary show on April 22. Those shows are always amazing and this year since executives are coming up from Hollywood to see the product live and to see if they want to get in on the action and get involved with the reality show. That is huge for us.
8) Alcatraz is coming and I am excited. And afraid of failure. Today I returned to the gym and had an awful ride and an awful swim. When I am done here I will have a (most likely awful) run. If you focus on what matters everything else fades away and that is how you stay a positive person.
9) on April 4 I turn 39 years old and for the first time in many years I am celebrating my birthday (was not my idea but when a group of people want to take me to a strip club who am I to argue?). The two negative people in my life think I will go, have random sex, get a disease, and ruin my life all because I wanted to have a good time. Everybody else I know just wants me to have as much fun as possible. That is why positive is much better than negative.
10) I hate weekends off. Had no shows this weekend. I have no shows Easter weekend. Who does a guy have to blow to get booked? Never mind, don’t answer that…. not that desperate to wrestle.
11) so while laying on the couch I saw a preview for this tiny movie that may actually be pretty good. It is about a group of heroes teaming up and calling themselves the Avengers. Have you heard about this?
12) Ever notice there two types of people in this world? Those trying as hard as they can to be happy positive people and those that embrace negative like it is a warm blanket on a cold night. I used to be the negative kind. Never again. Life is too short and I have way too many adventures left to have.
13) According to superstitious type people the number 13 is unlucky. They fear it. Must be odd to live life afraid of a number. Or afraid of anything really. I only really feature one thing and that is failure…but that doesn’t mean I don’t try
Ok. I am rambled out for now.